Psychiatry Education Forum Academy’s Coffee Club contains short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry. Coffee Club’s goal is to get answers for clinically relevant questions in short (~15 minutes) discussion videos so that you can learn and enjoy coffee during your coffee break.
Today we are excited to announce our next coffee club discussion with our guest expert speaker:
PSEUDOBULBAR AFFECT: LEARN TO IDENTIFY & MANAGE
Appropriate identification and subsequent management of Pseudobulbar affect (PBA) is clinically important in psychiatry as it can be misdiagnosed as treatment-resistant MDD, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, or borderline/histrionic personality, to name a few.
Dr. William Sauve will discuss this clinically relevant topic in the following sections:
- PBA Definition: using old and new criteria’s
- Why diagnosing PBA matter?
- PBA: Underlying pathology.
- Which screening scale to use for evaluation for PBA?
- PBA Treatment: on and off-label options.
- Emerging treatment/future directions for PBA treatment.
SCHEDULED RELEASE DATE: MAY 1, 2021
(ONLY FOR ACADEMY MEMBERS)
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
Why Join ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP?
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER: