Alzheimer’s disease is the most common type/cause of dementia. As we know that FDA recently approved Aducanumab (Aduhelm) for the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease (read detailed post here). This post will compare the following old FDA approved medications for Alzheimer’s disease:
These medications are compared in the following sections:
- FDA Indications (severity of dementia)
- Dosage forms & strengths
- Initial dose
- Hepatic impairment
- Renal impairment
- Common GI side effects
- Common Neurological side effects
WATCH FOLLOWING DISCUSSION SERIES [FOR PEFA MEMBERS]
GERIATRIC PSYCHIATRY: NEUROCOGNITIVE DISORDERS
List of chapters included in this section:
(A) Behavioral Symptoms Management in Dementia:
- Behavior types & clinical relevance.
- Evaluation and Differential diagnosis.
- Non-Pharmacological treatment options.
- Pharmacological treatment options and management of depression.
- Antipsychotics use for Psychosis/Agitation Management in Dementia.
- Treatment Options of Sexually Inappropriate Behavior in Dementia
(B) Neurocognitive Disorders:
- Evaluating Neurocognitive Domains in Dementia: (a) Complex Attention, (b) Executive Function, (c) Memory & Learning, (d) Language Perceptual-Motor, (e) Social Cognition
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Comparing FDA Approved Medications.
- Modifiable Predictors of Conversion of Mild Cognitive Impairment to Dementia.
- Identifying Dementia Patient at Risk of Unsafe Driving.
- How to Screen for Delirium Superimposed on Dementia?
- Parkinson’s disease and Impulse Control Disorders.
INTERESTED IN THIS DISCUSSION & MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.