Pramipexole is currently FDA-approved for Parkinson’s disease & Moderate-to-severe primary Restless Legs Syndrome but Pramipexole has promising data as an augmentation option for the management of treatment-resistant unipolar and bipolar depression.
The serotonergic and noradrenergic hypotheses do not fully account for the neurobiology of depression or the mechanism of action of effective antidepressants. Research implicates a potential role of the dopaminergic system in the pathophysiology of bipolar disorder. (Biol Psychiatry. 2004 Jul 1;56(1):54-60)
HERE IS ONE SLIDE FROM ACADEMY PRESENTATION:
PRAMIPEXOLE DOSING FOR BIPOLAR 1 VS 2 DISORDER:
[FOR ACADEMY MEMBERS]
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Clinical Case Discussions: Discussions of clinical cases from our daily clinical practice.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.