Postpartum psychosis is a psychiatric emergency that warrants immediate treatment, including admission to ensure the safety of mother and baby. Understanding the treatment algorithm for postpartum psychosis management is clinically important.
Here is one clinical fact from academy’s chapter:
FOR ACADEMY MEMBERS:
WOMEN'S MENTAL HEALTH
Evaluation & Management
(1) Diagnosing Postpartum Psychosis
(3) Treatment Options
- When are antipsychotics indicated?
- How long to continue antipsychotics for?
- When is Lithium and other treatment options indicated?
- Which treatment option have the lower risk of relapse?
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.