Psychiatry Education Forum Academy is excited to announce our next presentation’s release date for Sep 10, 2022:
WATCH INTRODUCTION VIDEO
There are many plant-based ‘phytoceuticals’ used for the treatment of depression, but St. John’s Wort has the most research and recently received the highest recommendations for the treatment of depression by the World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry (WFSBP) and Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) 2022 guidelines.
In our upcoming presentation, Dr. Harvinder Singh will discuss this in his 40 min video summarizing the following topics:
- Mechanism of Action
- Is monotherapy recommended?
- St. John’s Wort versus Antidepressants
- What Dose to Aim for?
- Preparations & Cost
- Adverse Events
- Drug Interactions
- CANMAT & WFSBP 2022 Recommendations.
LET’S ANSWER THIS QUESTION FIRST
Answer: All of the above
Here is one clinically relevant slide from this presentation:
INTRODUCING NEW LECTURE SERIES FOR ACADEMY MEMBERS
INTEGRATIVE & COMPLIMENTARY PSYCHIATRY
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.