(1) St. John’s Wort for Depression
- Mechanism of Action: for St. John’s Wort efficacy for depression.
- Is monotherapy recommended with St. John’s wort for depression?
- St. John’s Wort versus Antidepressants: for MDD treatment
- Dose: What Dose to Aim for?
- Available Preparations & Cost with St. John’s Wort
- Adverse Events associated with St. John’s Wort
- Drug Interactions between St. John’s Wort and psychotropic medications.
- CANMAT & WFSBP 2022 Recommendations.
(2) Omega 3 Fatty Acids for Depression
- Are omega-3 fatty acids effective as augmentation or as monotherapy for MDD management?
- What dose of omega-3 fatty acid is considered therapeutic for the treatment of MDD?
- What ratio of EPA/DHA is crucial for omega-3 fatty acids’s therapeutic benefit?
- Is pure EHA more efficacious than the combination of EHA/DHA for MDD?
- What is the recommended minimum duration of treatment with omega-3 fatty acid for the treatment of MDD?
- Is omega-3 fatty acid efficacious for recurrent depression?
- What are the common adverse events at the therapeutic dose of omega-3 fatty acid?
- What additional lab work is required when using the higher dosages of omega-3 fatty acid?
- How to ensure the omega-3 fatty acid product quality before buying?
- Does omega-3 fatty acid’s response in MDD have a relation with inflammatory biomarkers?
(3) L-THEANINE FOR ANXIETY
- L-Theanine: Mechanism of Action
- Article #1: Anti-Stress, Behavioural and Magnetoencephalography Effects of an L-Theanine-Based Nutrient Drink.
- Article #2: Anti-stress effect of theanine on students during pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety, and subjective stress.
- Article #3: Effects of chronic l-theanine administration in patients with major depressive disorder.
- Article #4: Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults.
(4) SILEXAN FOR ANXIETY
- Mechanism of action
- Silexan is effective for which types of anxiety disorders?
- Silexan versus Lorazepam?
- Silexan versus Paroxetine?
- What Dose is preferred?
- Drug Interactions
- Side Effects
- Any risk of dependence or withdrawal?
(5) NAC (N-ACETYL CYSTEINE) FOR OCD
- What is the possible mechanism of action for N-Acetyl Cysteine in Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders?
- What dose of N-Acetyl Cysteine and for how long?
- How to titrate N-Acetyl Cysteine dosing?
- Adverse Effects of N-Acetyl Cysteine.
(6) Ginkgo Biloba for Antidepressants Induced Sexual Dysfunction
- Mechanism of action
- What dose is found effective?
- Common side effects
- Drug interactions
- Available products & Cost
- Clinical Facts
INTERESTED IN ACCESS TO THIS & OTHER CLINICALLY RELEVANT LECTURE SERIES?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Clinical Case Discussions: Discussions of clinical cases from our daily clinical practice.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
JOIN ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP:
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR: Residents & Students ONLY.
Email us your student information (program information and way to confirm your student status) to: HSingh@PsychiatryEducationForum.com