Urine Drug Screen: Opioids
LECTURE SERIES DAY 2: RELEASED TODAY
We continue our lecture series on the “Clinical Interpretation of Urine Drug Tests” with a discussion on the following topic:
URINE DRUG TESTS: OPIOIDS
Let’s begin by answering this question first:
Answer: (c) Oxycodone
Heroin & Codeine are detected 2 days after the last dose, whereas Oxycodone can be detected 2-4 days after the last use.
Understanding opioids metabolism is important for the interpretation of urine drug tests for opioids.
Here is one of the slide from this chapter on basics of Opioids Metabolsim:
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.