PEF Clinical Fact: Antipsychotic of Choice in COVID & Pneumonia
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This educational activity is dedicated to the essential and must-know clinical facts regarding the interaction of COVID-19 and Psychiatry.
This educational series will be discussed in the following five sections:
(1) PULMONARY: COVID-19 & Psychiatry:
- Antipsychotics: Cautions, Risk Factors; Preferred antipsychotics and High-Risk antipsychotics.
- Antidepressants: Cautions, Risk Factors; At-Risk antidepressants.
- Mood Stabilizers: Preferred and At-Risk mood stabilizers (individual and combinations)
- Benzodiazepines: Risk Factors; Preferred benzodiazepine.
(2) CARDIAC: COVID-19 & Psychiatry:
- Antipsychotics: High-Risk, Moderate-Risk and Low-Risk antipsychotics.
- Antidepressants: High-Risk, Moderate-Risk and Low-Risk antidepressants.
- Mood Stabilizers: Preferred mood stabilizer.
- Management of psychosis and agitation in medical-surgical patients who have or are at risk for prolonged QT interval.
(3) HEMATOLOGIC: COVID-19 & Psychiatry:
- Antidepressants: of choice with Bleeding risk, Thromboembolism and Neutropenia.
- Antipsychotics: risk of Neutropenia.
- Mood Stabilizers: risk of Neutropenia.
(4) DRUG-DRUG INTERACTIONS: COVID-19 Medications & Psychotropics:
High-Risk, Moderate-Risk and Low-Risk Antipsychotics, Antidepressants, Mood Stabilizers and Benzodiazepines with:
- Lopinavir / Ritonavir
(5) PSYCHOTROPICS MONITORING: During COVID-19:
- Lithium monitoring during COVID-19: for normal and at-risk patients.
- ANC monitoring during COVID-19.
- When to reduce the frequency of ANC monitoring?
- If patient develops an infection on clozapine.
- Monitoring protocol if clozapine toxicity develops.
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one course.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER: