Today we posted the following 11th journal club in PEFA Journal Club’s discussion series and discussion with an expert in our Coffee Club’s discussion section:
FOR PEFA MEMBERS ONLY:
This coffee club includes an expert discussion section with Dr. Rajesh R. Tampi. He will answer the following clinically relevant questions:
- Should our decision to prescribe benzodiazepines in the elderly change after this article?
- How long and how much benzodiazepines can be used in the elderly?
- When and how can we use benzodiazepines safely in the elderly?
- How can we educate patients, their families, or caregivers regarding the use of benzodiazepines in the elderly?
- What cautions should a physician be mindful of while prescribing benzodiazepines in the elderly?
- Which is the preferred benzodiazepine, if used in the elderly?
- Limitation of studies to assess the risk of dementia with benzodiazepine use in the elderly.
FOR PEFA MEMBERS ONLY:
4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits Available from June 26, 2021
→ CME Credits will increase with our upcoming journal club video discussions.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC and Psychiatry Education Forum LLC. The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation & Designation Statements and Disclosure Report:
INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS JOURNAL CLUB DISCUSSION SERIES?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER: