Glycopyrrolate is preferred over Benztropine for the following reasons:
- for Glycopyrrolate is less known to cross the blood-brain barrier, hence less central adverse events (less cognitive impairments).
- Sweat glands are unique in that their sympathetic postganglionic innervation, being cholinergic, can be blocked with anticholinergics like benztropine.
- Glycopyrrolate has no effect on pupil size and near point of vision.
INTERETSTED IN LEARNING MORE?
WATCH ACADEMY CHAPTER:
ANTIDEPRESSANT INDUCED EXCESSIVE SWEATING (ADIES)
This chapter will discuss the available treatment options for the management of excessive sweating with antidepressants.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER: