HERE IS THE SUMMARY OF FINDINGS FROM 2014 STUDY:
HOW WAS 2021 STUDY DIFFERENT?
FOR ACADEMY MEMBERS:
Journal Club #13:
Antipsychotics, High Prolactin Level & Risk of Breast Cancer
This journal club will be discussed in the following eight clinically relevant sections:
- Role of high prolactin levels with risk of breast cancer?
- Which antipsychotics are associated with an increased risk of breast cancer?
- Which antipsychotics are PREFERRED with less/no risk of breast cancer?
- Comparing recently published study on Dec 2021 (Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology) with 2014 study (Am J Psychiatry).
- What is the normal prolactin level in males and females?
- When is the best time to measure prolactin level?
- What additional laboratory evaluation is needed with elevated prolactin levels?
- How to manage elevated prolactin levels with antipsychotics?
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Clinical Case Discussions: Discussions of clinical cases from our daily clinical practice.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.