Bipolar disorder is a chronic mood disorder associated with various mood states including mania, hypomania, depression, and mixed states. The identification and treatment of mixed state is of clinical importance. The diagnosis has changed from DSM-IV “Mixed Episode” to DSM-5 specifiers as “Mixed Manic” and “Mixed Depressive”.
Psychiatry Education Forum Academy has summarized this clinically relevant topic in the following four lectures:
(1) How to Diagnose Bipolar Mixed Feature Specifier?
This lecture is available for a free preview here:
(2) Why is Diagnosing Bipolar Mixed State Important?
(3) Assessment Scales for Mixed State Evaluation
(4) Management Options for Bipolar Mixed States.
Here is 20 min video on Olanzapine’s role for Bipolar Mixed Episodes:
INTERESTED IN ACCESS TO THIS & OTHER CLINICALLY RELEVANT LECTURE SERIES?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Clinical Case Discussions: Discussions of clinical cases from our daily clinical practice.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
JOIN ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP:
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR: Residents & Students ONLY.
Email us your student information (program information and way to confirm your student status) to: HSingh@PsychiatryEducationForum.com