Today we released our updated lecture series on the management of treatment-resistant PTSD nightmares management. With this lecture series, we have crossed 260 chapters in our course.
The early identification and treatment of nightmares with PTSD is important for the following reasons:
- The presence of nightmares can worsen PTSD progression after exposure to trauma.
- The onset of nightmares immediately after traumatic events is known to cause severe PTSD symptoms after 6 weeks.
- Increased risk of suicidality.
SSRIs are considered first-line treatment for the management of PTSD but some patients don’t respond to these first-line treatments and benefits from other medications trials. Our lecture series will discuss these treatment options in the following chapters:
(1) PTSD vs Complex PTSD (CPTSD): How to Diagnose?
(AVAILABLE FOR FREE PREVIEW)
(2) VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guidelines for PTSD.
(3) Prazosin: Mechanism, Dosing & Side Effects Knowledge.
(4) High Dose Prazosin for Treatment-Resistant PTSD Nightmares?
(5) Terazosin for PTSD Nightmares Management.
(6) Medication Options if Prazosin Fails: Doxazosin.
(7) Role of Alpha 2 Adrenergic Receptor Agonists for PTSD.
(8) Cyproheptadine: for PTSD Nightmares.
(9) Nabilone: Synthetic Cannabinoid for PTSD Nightmares?
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN OUR COURSE & GET ACCESS TO COMPLETE LECTURE SERIES:
PHYSICIAN’S GUIDE FOR CLINICAL PSYCHIATRY COURSE
- Total chapters: 260+ Chapters.
- Chapters and Sections are frequently updated.
- Peer2Peer ChatRoom: Makes learning process more active via engagement among subscribers.
- Journal Club: we will post most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one course.
- Annual Subscription of $65/year: for continued access to course on an annual basis.