Delirium can present with hyperactive, hypoactive or mixed clinical presentations. Depakote can be an effective treatment option for the management of delirium.
Answer: Hypoactive Delirium
Depakote have shown efficacy with hyperactive delirium and in patients with history of traumatic brain injury, dementia and corticosteroid-induced delirium.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
READ THE FOLLOWING COURSE CHAPTER FOR MORE DETAILS:
Delirium Treatment: Role of Depakote
This chapter will be summarized in the following 9 sections/questions:
(1) Discussion of delirium subtypes.
(2) When will you USE depakote for delirium management?
(3) How to dose depakote in delirium: including in elderly patients.
(4) When to AVOID depakote during delirium?
(5) When to use depakote over antipsychotics for delirium management?
(6) Role of depakote in delirium management with specific medical co-morbidities.
(7) Comparing Depakote with Carbamazepine and Phenobarbital for alcohol withdrawal delirium management.
(8) What dose of depakote is found effective for corticosteroid-induced delirium?
(9) Comparing Depakote and Carbamazepine for patients with traumatic brain injury related delirium with agitation.
- Psychosomatics. 2015 Nov-Dec;56(6):615-25.
- Turk Psikiyatri Derg. 2010 Spring;21(1):79-84.
- Am J Addict. 1998 Summer;7(3):189-97.
- Psychosomatics. 2012 Nov-Dec;53(6):575-81.
- Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2016 Feb;59(1):42-57.
PHYSICIAN’S GUIDE FOR CLINICAL PSYCHIATRY COURSE
- Total chapters: 250+ Chapters.
- Chapters and Sections are frequently updated.
- Peer2Peer ChatRoom: Makes learning process more active via engagement among subscribers.
- Journal Club: we will post most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one course.
- Annual Subscription of $65/year: for continued access to course on an annual basis.