Recently Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) have drawn the clinical attention for the treatment of major depressive disorder. The knowledge of omega-3-fatty acids is clinically relevant for medical professionals treating major depressive disorder.
Answer this Question from our PEFA Academy’s Q&A Series:
Answer: (f) None of the above (all statements are correct)
INTERETSTED IN LEARNING MORE?
(FOR PEFA ACADEMY MEMBERS)
WATCH ACADEMY CHAPTER:
This journal club will answer the following ten clinically relevant questions:
- Are omega-3 fatty acids effective as augmentation or as monotherapy for MDD management?
- What dose of omega-3 fatty acid is considered therapeutic for the treatment of MDD?
- What ratio of EPA/DHA is crucial for omega-3 fatty acids’s therapeutic benefit?
- Is pure EHA more efficacious than the combination of EHA/DHA for MDD?
- What is the recommended minimum duration of treatment with omega-3 fatty acid for the treatment of MDD?
- Is omega-3 fatty acid efficacious for recurrent depression?
- What are the common adverse events at the therapeutic dose of omega-3 fatty acid?
- What additional lab work is required when using the higher dosages of omega-3 fatty acid?
- How to ensure the omega-3 fatty acid’s product quality before buying?
- Do omega-3 fatty acid’s response in MDD have a relation with inflammatory biomarkers?
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER: