Detailed Answer is available in our first Journal Club discussion:
Journal Club #1:
ISNPR Practice Guidelines for Omega-3 Fatty Acids in the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder
Article: Psychother Psychosom. 2019;88(5):263-273.
This journal club will answer the following 10 clinically relevant questions:
- Is omega-3 fatty acids effective as augmentation or as monotherapy for MDD management?
- What dose of omega-3 fatty acid is considered therapeutic for treatment of MDD?
- What ratio of EPA/DHA is crucial for omega-3 fatty acids’s therapeutic benefit?
- Is pure EHA more efficacious than combination of EHA/DHA for MDD?
- What is the recommended minimum duration of treatment with omega-3 fatty acid for treatment of MDD?
- Is omega-3 fatty acid efficacious for recurrent depression?
- What are the common adverse events at therapeutic dose of omega-3 fatty acid?
- What additional lab work is required when using the higher dosages of omega-3 fatty acid?
- How to ensure the omega-3 fatty acid’s product quality before buying?
- Do omega-3 fatty acid’s response in MDD have relation with inflammatory biomarkers?
LIST OF COMPLETE JOURNAL CLUB SCHEDULE:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC and Psychiatry Education Forum LLC. The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
SUBSCRIBE TO PHYSICIAN’S GUIDE FOR CLINICAL PSYCHIATRY COURSE
& GET FREE ACCESS TO ALL JOURNAL CLUB DISCUSSIONS + CME CREDITS:
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER: