Neutropenia is the single most important risk factor for infection and Clozapine is well known for the increased for neutropenia. This neutropenia risk will increase if clozapine is combined with another medication with similar risk.
Which of the following non-psychiatric medications is known for the risk of neutropenia and hence should be avoided with clozapine?
- (a) Hydralazine
- (b) Propylthiouracil
- (c) Cephalosporins
- (d) Indomethacin
- (e) All of the above
- (f) None of the above
Answer: (e) All of the above
Here is the list of non-psychiatric medications with the risk of inducing neutropenia:
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
READ THE FOLLOWING COURSE CHAPTER FOR MORE DETAILS:
PHYSICIAN’S GUIDE FOR CLINICAL PSYCHIATRY COURSE
- Total chapters: 250+ Chapters.
- Chapters and Sections are frequently updated.
- Peer2Peer ChatRoom: Makes learning process more active via engagement among subscribers.
- Journal Club: we will post most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one course.
- Annual Subscription of $65/year: for continued access to course on an annual basis.