L-Methylfolate for Depression: When to use?
L-MethylFolate is used as an augmentation agent to antidepressants in patients with major depression disorder, but who is a good candidate for considering L-Methylfolate as an augmentation agent?
One of the factor is patient taking medication interfering with conversion of folate to l-methylfolate, thereby affecting the synthesis of monoamines like serotonin. Here is the list of these medications:
FOR ACADEMY MEMBERS:
L-METHYLFOLATE FOR TREATMENT RESISTANT DEPRESSION
MTHFR & L-METHYLFOLATE
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.