Our fourth journal club will discuss the following recently published article in JAMA Psychiatry:
Efficacy and Safety of Lumateperone for Treatment of Schizophrenia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2020 Jan 8.
This journal club will be summarized in the following topics/questions:
- Lumateperone: Mechanism of action.
- Recommended dosage and titration.
- Lumateperone 28 mg vs 42 mg vs 84 mg: which one is preferred?
- When is the onset of response with Lumateperone?
- Lumateperone: Common adverse events.
- Association of Lumateperone with EPS, metabolic side effects, QTc prolongation and increase in suicidal ideations?
- How Lumateperone compares with other antipsychotics in terms of effect size for reduction in PANSS total symptoms?
One slide from this journal club: Mechanism of Action:
- Correll CU, Davis RE, Weingart M, Saillard J, O’Gorman C, Kane JM, Lieberman JA, Tamminga CA, Mates S, Vanover KE. Efficacy and Safety of Lumateperone for Treatment of Schizophrenia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2020 Jan 8. doi: 10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2019.4379. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31913424. (pubmed) (PDF)