Journal Club #8:
Comparing 32 Oral Antipsychotics for Acute Multi-Episode Schizophrenia Treatment.
Article: Lancet. 2019;394(10202):939-951.
This journal club will compare 32 oral antipsychotics for the management of acute multi-episode schizophrenia in the following ten domains:
- Overall Changes in Symptoms
- Positive Symptoms
- Negative Symptoms
- Depressive Symptoms
- Social Functioning
- Adverse Events: Weight Gain
- Adverse Events: Akathisia
- Adverse Events: Prolactin Elevation
- Adverse Events: QTc Prolongation
- Adverse Events: Sedation
This journal club includes an expert discussion section with Dr. Lena Palaniyappan. He will answer the following clinical questions:
- How important are the differences in efficacy among antipsychotics?
- What is the clinical importance of the differences in the adverse event profile of antipsychotics?
- How to implement this information and improve our prescribing practices?
- What can we say differently to patients & their families on the basis of this study?
Journal Club #8 is Available for Course Subscriber Only:
Psychiatry Education Forum’s Journal Club is a free feature for Physician’s Guide for Clinical Psychiatry course subscribers.
- Total chapters: 250+ Chapters.
- Chapters and Sections are frequently updated.
- Peer2Peer ChatRoom: Makes learning process more active via engagement among subscribers.
- Journal Club: we will post most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one course.
- Annual Subscription of $65/year: for continued access to course on an annual basis.