BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN ==>
SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS FIRST 🙂
- Strongest dopamine reuptake blocker among SSRIs.
- Literature review found highest incidence of SSRI associated hyperprolactinemia for:-
Sertraline > Fuoxetine > Paroxetine > Fluvoxamine
Source: Petit et al. Therapie, 58:159–63.
- Literature review found no association.
- one study found 40% increase basal prolactin level after 10 days of citalopram treatment.
Source: (1) Petit et al. Therapie, 58:159–63.; (2) Clin Neuropharmacol, 20:419–33
- Study found no increase in prolactin concentration after two months.
Source: Amsterdam et al, J Affect Disord, 46:151–6.
- Study found no significant increase in prolactin concentration
Source: Laakmann et al, Psychoneuroendocrinology, 24:769–84.
- mostly neutral, but may reduce prolactin levels.
Source: Meltzer et al, Adv Biochem Psychopharmacol, 32:303–16.
Source: Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management 2007:3(5) 929–951.
Post by Dr. Harvinder Singh, M.D.
Our Most Recent Book Publication:
Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry