Antipsychotic medications are commonly used to treat auditory hallucinations but it is equally important to teach patients these psychological skills to reduce the distress associated with hallucinations.
Academy’s 40 minutes video discussion will summarize the series of distraction and focusing approaches (both evidence-based and non-evidence-based) with the goal of helping busy medical professionals include them in their treatment planning.
This 40 minutes video discussion will be summarized in the following sections:
(here is one slide from this presentation on this topic)
RATIONALE BEHIND THE NEGATIVE IMPACT OF USING DYSFUNCTIONAL COPING SKILLS.
Psychological Approaches for Auditory Hallucinations
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.