This topic will be summarized in the following three sections:
(1) Grief versus Major Depressive Episode:
(2) Persistent Complex Bereavement Disorder Versus Prolonged Grief Disorder
(3) What Questions to Ask?
Grief Assessment Questionnaire:
This section is for Psychiatry Education Forum Academy Members, and will contain the following information:
- Grief Assessment Questionnaire: that you can print and use during patient encounters for the evaluation of grief.
- Each slide from the above two videos are available for download.
View and Comment on Recently Proposed Changes to DSM–5:
- American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC.
- Psychiatric News. Diagnosis of Prolonged Grief Disorder Proposed for Inclusion in DSM-5. Published Online:18 Mar 2020.
- Boelen PA, Spuij M, Lenferink LIM. Comparison of DSM-5 criteria for persistent complex bereavement disorder and ICD-11 criteria for prolonged grief disorder in help-seeking bereaved children. J Affect Disord. 2019 May 1;250:71-78.
- Kristensen P, Dyregrov K, Dyregrov A. What distinguishes prolonged grief disorder from depression? Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2017 Apr 4;137(7):538-539. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.16.0629. eCollection 2017 Apr. Review. English, Norwegian. PubMed PMID: 28383227.
- Boelen PA, Smid GE. Disturbed grief: prolonged grief disorder and persistent complex bereavement disorder. BMJ. 2017 May 18;357:j2016. doi: 10.1136/bmj.j2016. PubMed PMID: 28522468.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER: