Psychiatry Education Forum Academy › Forums › Forum Discussions › Omega 3-Fatty Acids for Major Depressive Disorder › Reply To: Omega 3-Fatty Acids for Major Depressive Disorder
HarvinderAdministratorMay 28, 2021 at 8:15 am
Answer: (f) None of the above.
All are correct options. Watch our journal club discussion for more details:
This journal club will answer the following ten clinically relevant questions:
- Are omega-3 fatty acids effective as augmentation or as monotherapy for MDD management?
- What dose of omega-3 fatty acid is considered therapeutic for the treatment of MDD?
- What ratio of EPA/DHA is crucial for omega-3 fatty acids’s therapeutic benefit?
- Is pure EHA more efficacious than the combination of EHA/DHA for MDD?
- What is the recommended minimum duration of treatment with omega-3 fatty acid for the treatment of MDD?
- Is omega-3 fatty acid efficacious for recurrent depression?
- What are the common adverse events at the therapeutic dose of omega-3 fatty acid?
- What additional lab work is required when using the higher dosages of omega-3 fatty acid?
- How to ensure the omega-3 fatty acid’s product quality before buying?
- Do omega-3 fatty acid’s response in MDD have a relation with inflammatory biomarkers?