FOR PHYSICIAN’S GUIDE FOR CLINICAL PSYCHIATRY SUBSCRIBERS:
Read the following chapters discussing the role of hypothyroidism in psychiatry:
(1) Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Will you initiate thyroid replacement therapy?
- Risk factors for high and low TSH level.
- USPSTF Screening Recommendation for thyroid dysfunction.
- When will you initiate thyroid replacement therapy in subclinical hypothyroidism?
- How to dose and time of levothyroxine?
- Does levothyroxine replacement therapy for subclinical hypothyroidism result in improved survival or decreased cardiovascular morbidity?
- Which medications may result in hypothyroidism?
(2) MDD Augmentation with Thyroid Hormones.
- Which one is preferred for depression augmentation treatment: T3 or T4?
- How to initiate and titrate Cytomel (Liothyronine) as augmentation for depression management?
- Cautions and Contraindications for Cytomel (Liothyronine) treatment.
- Important Drug Interactions with Cytomel (Liothyronine)
- What is the duration for augmentation with T3 in resistant depression?
- What are the recommended safety guidelines for T3 augmentation of antidepressants?
(3) Lithium induced Hypothyroidism.
- Underlying mechanism of action.
- Risk factors for lithium induced hypothyroidism.
- Monitoring recommendations.
- Management recommendations.
Subscribe to Physician’s Guide for Clinical Psychiatry:
and get access to these chapters (and total 244 chapters)
- Total chapters= 244 and counting.
- Chapters and Sections are frequently updated.
- Each chapter includes references: with either pdf article or pubmed link for each article.
- Triweekly Email Clinical Summary: subscribers receive 3 emails/week.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one course.
- Annual Subscription of $65/year: for continued access to course on an annual basis.