Can L-Theanine Help with Anxiety Management?
Share this post
L-theanine is a unique non-protein amino acid found in green tea and is also available over the counter in 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, and 250 mg capsules. It has shown efficacy as a neuroprotective and cognitive-enhancing agent, but can L-Theanine help with anxiety management?
Our following video discussion by Dr. Harvinder Singh will attempt to answer this question and will be summarized in the following sections:
- L-Theanine: Mechanism of Action
- Article #1: Anti-Stress, Behavioural and Magnetoencephalography Effects of an L-Theanine-Based Nutrient Drink.
- Article #2: Anti-stress effect of theanine on students during pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety, and subjective stress.
- Article #3: Effects of chronic l-theanine administration in patients with major depressive disorder.
- Article #4: Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Conference Discounts: Academy members get discounted access at our conferences.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER: