On May 23, 2023: Braeburn announced that FDA has approved Brixadi, the new long-acting formulation of buprenorphine for the opioid use disorder. Now we will have two long-acting buprenorphine options: Sublocade & Brixadi. Sublocade was FDA approved in 2017 and now Brixadi received this FDA approval in 2023.
We have summarized Brixadi in the following sections:
- How to Dose?
- Injection Sites
- Switching from Transmucosal Buprenorphine to Brixadi
- Switching between weekly and monthly Brixadi
- Brixadi Discontinuation
- Common Side Effects
- Warnings & Precautions
- Drug Interactions
- Brixadi REMS
WATCH FOLLOWING DISCUSSION SERIES
[FOR PEFA MEMBERS]
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
JOIN PSYCHIATRY EDUCATION FORUM ACADEMY MEMBERSHIP
This is a closed membership for medical professionals only.
- 30+ Courses/Sections: Each chapter within these sections is of direct clinical relevance for your daily practice.
- Journal Club: we will post the most recently published psychiatry articles relevant to your daily clinical practice.
- Coffee Club: contain short discussions with clinical experts in the field of psychiatry.
- Clinical Case Discussions: Discussions of clinical cases from our daily clinical practice.
- Discussion Forum & Community: Connect with other medical professionals and discuss your difficult-to-treat clinical cases.
- Essentials of Inpatient Psychiatry Book: All chapters from this book are included in the academy sections.
- Goal: is to have all important clinically relevant topics in one place for ease of access.